The Nedbank Group recognises its accountability to all its stakeholders under the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to its business and is committed to high standards of integrity and fair dealing in the conduct of its business. It is committed to comply with both the spirit and the letter of applicable requirements for good corporate governance and to always act with due skill, care and diligence.
Crime continues to threaten our society as a whole, and the Nedbank Group and our people are by no means exempt from this. The launching of the Tip-offs Anonymous Service to clients is but one aspect of Nedbank Group's ongoing efforts in creating crime awareness, contributing towards crime prevention and bringing about a culture of zero tolerance to crime. Through this service the Nedbank Group empowers its employees and clients to become part of the solution.
What is Tip-offs Anonymous?
- Independently managed hotline service that offers the Nedbank Group employees and clients the opportunity to report anonymously any fraudulent activity, unethical behaviour or dishonesty within the Nedbank Group.
- Operates nationally with state of the art technology.
- Operates 365 days per year, 24 hours per day.
What it is not
It is not a complaints or query line.
What are the benefits to both Nedbank Group and YOU?
A tangible corporate governance initiative, that promotes transparency and allows employees and clients the opportunity to expose suspicions (Anonymously, although clients and staff may reveal their identity if they wish to) relating to dishonesty, fraud and crime syndicate activities.
- Simple but strong deterrent against workplace dishonesty or corruption.
- An easy way of promoting a culture of honesty and integrity not only in Nedbank Group, but also in the community.
- Effectively highlighting risk areas and weak control environments within the Nedbank Group.
- A high percentage of frauds are discovered through anonymous calls — Tip-offs Anonymous provides a professional mechanism to deal with the calls.
Report relevant information
Before contacting Tip-offs Anonymous with your suspicions, it is important to obtain as much relevant information as possible. Detailed below is a list of items that are required by Tip-offs Anonymous that will assist in the investigation of your suspicions.
- Names and telephone numbers of people involved
- Details of available witnesses
- Date and time of incident, theft or suspicion.
- Where it took place (be specific
- Any proof which may exist
- Amounts of money, nature of assets and their approximate value
- Is what you are reporting, a regular occurrence?
Tip-offs Anonymous – contact details
Unique free call number: 0800 000 909 — You do not pay for the cost of the call.
The identity and source address of your email is removed before the
email is received by Tip-offs.
Free post address
Freepost DN 298
No costs to you — send any information you may have.
Free fax : 0800 00 77 88 — For the sending of supporting documents as evidence.