Developing a reputation as the nation’s ‘green’ bank takes years of commitment – both financial and physical. Which is why Nedbank Group is particularly proud of its ‘green bank’ status, and why it is committed to further entrenching this reputation through ongoing environmental efforts aimed at making a lasting difference.
Our sustainability highlights, awards, indices and memberships include:
SUSTAINABILITY CREDENTIALS INDICES
- Dow Jones World Sustainability Index – This index
is the world's premier performance benchmark for
companies in terms of corporate sustainability.
Nedbank is included for the eighth year and is one of
only 25 banks worldwide and ﬁve companies with
primary listings in SA to be included on the index
2012: 82% (2011: 80%);
- The JSE Socially Responsible Index – included
- The Global 1 000 Sustainable Performance Leaders
Index – ranked 284th (third highest SA company);
- The South African Carbon Disclosure Project; and
- The Nedbank Green Index.
NEDBANK IS REPRESENTED ON/A SIGNATORY TO:
- The UNEP FI African Task Force;
- The UNEP FI Banking Commission;
- The UNEP FI Social Issues Advisory Group;
- The UNEP Biodiversity and Ecosystem Workstream;
- The United Nations Global Compact Advisory
- The United Nations Global Compact – CEO
- The National Business Initiative Advisory
Committee on Climate Change;
- The National Energy Efﬁciency Accord and
Leadership Network Pledge;
- The Banking Association SA: Sustainable Finance
- The Equator Principles;
- Association of Ethics Officers in Africa; and
- OECD Financial Sector Mapping Advisory Group.
Click here to download the PDF (164 KB)