We are committed to good governance
and compliance with recognised best-
practice codes and legislation. We
believe that our conduct should be
underscored by sound governance
practices that include transparency
and accountability to all stakeholders,
including employees, clients
We operate within a clearly defined governance and compliance
framework that enables us to focus on a number of areas, including:
- Efficiency and profitability within acceptable risk parameters.
- Implementation of the group’s strategy within defined compliance requirements.
- Adherence to ethical and proper corporate behaviours.
- Balancing, within a framework of accountability, the interests of shareholders and other stakeholders who may be affected
by the conduct of directors or executives of the group.
- Prevention of conflicts of interest between the business interests of the group and personal interests of directors or executives.
- Timeous and accurate disclosure of matters that are material to the business or the interests of stakeholders.
- Balance between conformance with governance constraints and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Achievement of balanced and integrated economic, social, environmental and cultural performance (integrated sustainability)
across the business.
- Efficient and effective functioning of the Enterprisewide Risk Management Framework.
- Compliance with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the King III Report on Corporate Governance 2009,
all acts and regulations affecting the financial services industry, and the UK Code of Corporate Governance.
to read the full Governance and Ethics report in the 2012 Nedbank Group Integrated Report.